Spectrum value assessment for operator
Northstream performed a business case driven valuation of spectrum for a non-mobile operator looking to the potential of branching out to mobile broadband services. The analysis included:
- Potential service and device take up forecast for the market
- Potential market share for the operator
- Revenues associated with the service and market share
- Cost side, including all OPEX and CAPEX items associated with starting and operating a wireless business on top of the current operation
- Alternative valuation for other market players, weighing things such as impact of increased competition and higher CAPEX and OPEX due to “loss” of spectrum
The project concluded a range of values for the operator and market and was primarily used as input for an auction process.